If your child is a Pre School Gymnast please choose Pre School as the main discipline. This membership will cost £11.
If your child is a recreational gymnast please choose General Gymnastics as the main option and for additional options add TeamGym and Trampoline. This membership will cost £17.
If your child is a Development Gymnast or Competitive gymnast who has not yet participated in any national competitions. Please choose Teamgym as the main discipline and you can add General gymnastics and Trampoline as the additional options. This membership will cost £17.
If your child is a competitive gymnast who represents SGA in national / international competitions please choose Teamgym as the main discipline and You can add general gymnastics and Trampoline as additional disciplines. This membership will cost £41.
One registered please bring proof to the gym reception desk rather than texting or emailing so we don’t miss any messages. Many thanks 🙂
Many Thanks 🙂
The BG Online Membership Portal is back up and running.
Important – BAGA Annual Membership is now Due. Please complete the registration process asap and forward proof of membership at your child’s next session. Many Thanks 🙂 www.british-gymnastics.org/membership
Dear club member, parent or guardian
It’s time to complete your British Gymnastics membership for the new membership year. All club members need to become members of British Gymnastics, the national governing body for gymnastics in the UK. This is to benefit from insurance cover as well as receive discounts and other member benefits. The British Gymnastics membership process has changed recently and you’ll need to register directly via the British Gymnastics website. Unfortunately, until this step is complete, your child will not be able to attend gymnastics sessions, so please complete the process and bring proof of membership to your child’s next session. The membership portal will open on October 1st so please ensure you register your child before next week’s session.
How to complete your British Gymnastics membership
Please visit www.british-gymnastics.org/membership It’s quick and easy to do on smartphones and on tablets, or you may prefer to use a computer. To complete the process, we’ll ask you to enter some personal details to create your member account, such as name, date of birth and home address of the member. If you have previously been a member of British Gymnastics, BG may already have some information on file which we will ask you to confirm to speed up the process. (Please note some gymnasts details may not have carried over in the new membership system so just add your child as a new member if their details are not found). As well as providing personal information, you’ll also need to confirm the name of your gymnastics club (Scarborough Gymnastics Academy) and discipline (TeamGym / General / Trampoline / Pre School) If you are a gymnast (or their parent/guardian), you’ll also need to enter further personal information which is required in all cases, regardless of whether you are renewing your British Gymnastics membership or becoming a member for the first time.
If you are unsure of the procedure you can download further information from the SGA website or Facebook Page. Please like the SGA Facebook Page for up-to-date club information & events.
SGA Kit Order – Closing Date Saturday 21st October.
Click Here to Download a Leotard / Kit Order Form – SGA Gym Shop Leotard Order Form Oct 2017
Click Here to Download a Onesie & Hoodie Order Form – SGA Gym Shop Hoodie & Onesie Order Form Oct 2017
Coming Soon – SGA T-Shirt & New SGA Crop Top.
Important Notice for all members regarding the SGA Dress Code
- SGA has an extensive range of club kit items, which are specially designed and manufactured by Milano Pro Sport and Actif Wear.
- Initially a new gymnast may wear stretchy shorts, plain leggings, jogging bottoms gathered at the ankle with a close fitting t-shirt, top or a leotard.
- After attending the club for a term gymnasts are encouraged to purchase a club leotard or alternatively purchase a plain black leotard or in club colours (please ensure that this is a gymnastics leotard as the cut of some leotards is not appropriate for gymnastics (eg – too low cut at neck or too high cut at legs). If a gymnasts wears a crop top this must be a crop top designed for gymnastics. Gymnasts will be required to wear the new club leotard or a black leotard / outfit for the SGA Christmas Display)
- Gymnasts in the development and competitive groups should only wear their specific group leotard occasionally to training to avoid discoloration as this is required for competitions. Please ensure your child has additional leotards to wear for training other than their development / competition group leotard. Please note the gymnasts in the national squads should not wear their competition leotard for training unless it is for a specific event.
- Please ensure your child does not wear the following items which present a potential hazard or are inappropriate for gymnastics. Baggy clothes, long trousers, anything with buttons, buckles, zips (other than zip hoodies / onesies for warm up), crop tops / shorts sets which are sold as underwear, spaghetti strap tops, low cut tops or crop tops which are not designed for gymnastics. Please also avoid leggings which are excessively patterned, plain leggings would be preferred.
All classes resume from 4pm today. The twinkles classes start back on Mon 11th September and the Newby Early Bird classes start on Wed 13th September.
Looking forwards to seeing the gymnasts hard work, new skills and everyone having lots of fun this term! 🙂